Saturday, January 21, 2012

In the Kitchen

I have been dying to make macarons since the Martha Stewart Holiday cookie mook came out last year, but I was too daunted by the preciseness of the recipe.   The slew of flavor combos also had me a bit stumped.  They were all just too good; I couldn't only choose one and the beauty of the macaron is the array of pastels to delight the eye and the palette.  After sampling a few from Cocoa and Fig I decided to try making my own for an upcoming Bon Voyage party.  After pouring over recipes, I went with Martha, as usual, and her French Macarons.  I found this video by Joanne Chang also extremely helpful.  In the end I made chocolate with chocolate ganache, pistachio with a honey buttercream and black tea with a raspberry buttercream.  The macarons were a hit,  I am already brainstorming some new flavor profiles.  

1 comment:

  1. I still have ingredients to make those! Yours look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete