Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birkie Hat 2013

As long as we are on the subject of fairisle...again.  I am so happy with my 2013 Hat. I found this amazing sparkle yarn at Steven Be and had to have it.  I envisioned a gradient of some sort and picked up a variety of purple to work with.  It was a bit tricky to knit due to the nature of my design.  The floats were a bit long and in some parts I had to knit 3 color fairisle, which is never ideal and certainly not traditional.  Sometimes it's worth it to break the rules.  F.Y.I.  Birkie Hat 2012 and 2011
I've been getting a lot of use out of Birkie hat 2013.  Here I am enjoying Belgian waffles dipped in a chocolate, an awesome idea hosted by the Loppet Foundation.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Kim! I LOVE it!! I hope you are well! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete