Monday, February 6, 2012

Off my needles

I finally finished my 2012 Birkebeiner Fair isle hat.   Last year, Kara and I each created a hand knit Nordic outfit.  I chose a classic cream and charcoal look.  You can see more pics here. This year I decided I wanted an updated look partly because the bottom of my ears were a bit chilly last year (so I added earflaps), but mostly because I just wanted a new hat.  I chose a neon space dyed Koigu yarn back to a medium heather gray superwash wool.  I let the yarn sit out on my kitchen table as inspiration for more than a month before I started knitting.  I went back and forth about whether the motif should be traditional or modern.  I finally settled for traditional and, believe me, I questioned myself throughout the entire project.  I am so happy with the results and I can't wait until race day!  I also just added my first pattern for this hat available on Ravelry.  Check it out here!







No comments:

Post a Comment