Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter: Instagrammed

Most people in Minnesota despise winter.  Understandably so.  It is dark coming and going from work.  It is often under 0 degrees with even a biting windchill.  The roads are never quite all the way plowed.  And it seems to go on forever.  My theory, though, is if you are going to live here you best embrace it or you will drive yourself crazy with cabin fever.  When I ski, I am sometimes cold and tired and I sometimes even think of all the things I could be doing, or better yet knitting, instead of huffing up a hill.  But then I have these moment of pure peace where I am the only person in a vast expanse.  I am a part of nature.  Every time I go out the landscape is different.  Subtle but exciting.  As I settle into a rhythm I begin to enjoy the solitude and my mind clears.  I wish I could share this joy with all those winter haters, but I suppose they will just have to figure it out on their own. Oh and if you ever feel a bit cold read this.  The book peaked my interest from a post on Avalanche looms, and it really makes me feel so grateful to be living in Minneapolis and not Antarctica. 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment