Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In the Southwest

I've been back for a couple of weeks, but it has taken me just that much longer to sift through my hundreds of pictures.  The trip was an unabridged version of this and it really was a blast.  I never thought I would love the Southwest as much as I did.  The scenery was spectacular and I kept wondering if I would miss the lushness of MN.  The truth is I did, but I wouldn't mind visiting every year.  In the Southwest we....
Admired the blooming giant saguaros at Saguaro National Park
Stalked the wildlife, 
Stayed in the historic Hotel Congress,
Was awestruck at surreal White Sands National Park,
Checked out ghost town Chloride
Took in the Hot Springs at Sierra Grande Lodge in Truth or Consequence,
Took a drive, 
Visited Taos Pueblo, the only living Native American Community,
Enjoyed historic Santa Fe,
Took a tour of the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde National Park,
Took a ride on famous Route 66,
Took in the view at Petrified Forest National Park,
 Stood in awe at the Grand Canyon and then took in some drinks at Beaver Street Brewery in Flagstaff,
Took in red rock views of Sedona.
     










No comments:

Post a Comment