Friday, May 20, 2011

A spring bouquet

Somewhere along the line someone planted rhubarb in the overgrown strip of land between my home and my neighbors and clearly forgot about it.  It's nice to harvest something in surplus, since my experience in gardening has been less than fruitful.  As I cradled my spring harvest I thought of what a wonderful bouquet it would make.  Large leafy greens (tempting to eat, but don't), crimson stalks, and tart crispness.  The best part is they keep pretty well in a vase and once you tire of looking at them you can go ahead and make a rhubarb crumble or tart.  Thankfully, my friend, Morgen was having a housewarming party and like me, I knew this was a gift she would appreciate.  In this bundle there are 9 stalks of rhubarb, 3 tulips, and 1 handwoven towel, all joined together with a piece of hand spun yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment