Friday, September 16, 2011

While I am gone

Today I leave for Sweden.  This trip, like Fall and everything else, seems to have snuck up on me.  Of course, this week is also the moment when my tomatoes decided to be marginally more productive.  If only I could have 1 more month of summer.  With cooler weather, shorter days,  threatening frost, and upcoming vacation plans I plucked every single green tomato off the vine, determined to get a few last garden tomatoes before the official end of the season.  So, dear tomatoes, while I am gone please do me a favor and ripen!  And, my boys, please try not to jump on my tomatoes, knock over my vases, step on my computer, or treat my house plants as an open salad bar.  I'll be back before you know it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Didn't realize that trip already had begun. Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well so far your boys have spent a lot of time on your bed, and the window sills. I'm taking good care of them, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete