Thursday, July 7, 2011

Out with the old

I made a  New Year’s Resolution (don’t we all) to not buy anything new for the rest of the year.  I have held to my promise for a good 6 months until summer truly came around and I was facing a serious sandal dilemma.  I am sentimentally attached to my trusty old leather sandals.   I picked them up on a family vacation to Oaxaca in 2004 for the equivalent of 10 US dollars and they have brought me through every single summer since, so it was heartbreaking when the first strap popped off, followed by the second.  I might have lived with these minor adjustments, but then a hole developed in the sole and rocks started to puncture my feet.  


It was time to move on and as sad as I am to let them go, I was pretty excited to get my shiny new sandals from  Frye.  




1 comment:

  1. Love the new sandals! I just had to replace my Wolky's--straps popped out from too much pressure pulling up stroller brakes. : (

    ReplyDelete