Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekend fun in Arkansaw Wisconsin

This past weekend has been full of good food, good friends and good times.  A group of us Minneapolitan urbanites, made a special trip to Arkansaw, Wisconsin to visit our lovely friend Kara, who has been interning during the farm season at Hog's Back Farm.  I was lucky enough to experience fleeting moments of farm living, but you can get a better idea of what it is really like at Kara's blog, Longhorn Colby, which was originally created to document all that wonderful farminess.

This weekend I....
 Drank my favorite Wisconsin Brew-New Glarus
Feasted on wood fired pizza at The Stone Barn.
 Helped hang 3,700 heads of garlic.....
all in the company of good friends.
Ate raspberries to my heart's content...
again with those friends!!
 Found 12 Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillars feasting on fennel.
Decided I have the BEST friends when it comes to caterpillar harvesting. 
Picked some of the loveliest zucchini I have ever eaten.  It doesn't get any more local than this.
Was eternally amused by the hens.
Cooled off, relaxed and floated down a river.  Photo by Kara Raether It doesn't get much better than this.  I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment