Friday, July 1, 2011

The First

I awoke on Saturday morning at 7:00AM.  My first chrysalis had started to darken the night before and I knew that my first butterfly of the season was scheduled to emerge that morning.  In lieu of my Saturday morning farmer's market routine, I stayed in with the hopes of observing the butterfly actually emerging.   I had already propped my phone up at an optimal angle to film and I had my digital SLR loaded and ready to start shooting at the first sign of movement.  And there I waited and waited and before I knew it, it was 7:30, then 8:15, then 8:30.  I finally started filming the chrysalis in stints of 5 minutes as I went about my morning activities.  At 9AM I still had no luck and was almost verbally cursing that darn chrysalis.  By 9:05, Emily and Danielle had arrived to go berry picking and woefully I dismantled my video set up and started getting ready to leave.  And then? And then, that darn butterfly came out!  Of course it did?  I didn't catch the entire thing on video, but I took some good shots and I got to share the moment with my friends.




And it's a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment