Thursday, December 22, 2011

In the oven

These last few weeks, I have been almost constantly baking.  Along with the family favorites, I've tried out some new recipes such as the "Candy Stripe Cookie Stick" and "Glitter Balls with Ginger Cream Filling"(both courtesy of Martha, who, by the way, has one of the best collections of cookie recipes for free here),  I finally got to test out my giant Dala cookie cutter from Sweden, which I wrapped in bright tissue and gave as gifts to friends.  It's been fun, but I think my sweet tooth is starting to hurt. 
Even though I am done baking for a while, I couldn't help oogling these gorgeous cookies.
Also check out all this beautiful Dala crafting, the inspiration for my own Dala cookies.
P.S. Happy Winter Solstice and the official beginning of winter, even if it doesn't quite feel like it up here in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment