Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Snowy Start

The snowy season is off to a good start.  The virtually empty bikeways are so nice.  Crossing the Stonearch Bridge last Thursday presented not even a single pedestrian.  I rode smoothly, right down the middle (this would never happen in the summer), and enjoyed the peace.  Did I mention that the start of snow also means I'm back to VIP status on bike parking, another perk worth noting when it comes to winter riding.
Snow always seems so intimidating.  Every year I  dread the start of snow, but every year it seems to get easier.  I must be getting used to it...or maybe I'm just getting tougher.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is only the beginning, but so far it has been a lot of fun and I've been riding more than ever.  
From top to bottom left to right: Stone Arch Bridge at night, winter mosaic at 33rd and Bryant, bikes parked along Nicollet, Lake Calhoun at sunset, riding around Lake Calhoun, Minneapolis in the distance, bikes hanging out while I shoot some pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment