Saturday, December 31, 2011

Traditions

I am a huge fan of traditions.  I like having something to look forward to every year.  It must be the Leo in me that craves structure, organization and direction. It is the driving force behind why I may stay up all night knitting a stocking, or opt to stay in on Saturday night to bake cookies, or spend hours filling up water balloons for 10 minutes of fun.  Remember this?
The nice part about spending the Holidays with little ones is sharing and teaching all the old family holiday traditions and starting some new ones of your own. Last year we decorated a gingerbread house and the kids enjoyed it so much that they wanted to do it again.  We spent about 20 minutes creating the below masterpiece.  In my book anything over 5 minutes of undivided attention is a success.(it helps when there is candy involved).  On Christmas day we all ate the house together.

No comments:

Post a Comment