Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Done.

I think Box Spring was a little jealous of the time "new kitty" and I spent braiding together, because the next night he made sure to hop up onto my kitchen table; which he has never done before, for some attention and belly rubs.
Together we finished my braided rug.  
I am also happy to see that Box Spring still likes to lounge right in the center.
If you are a beginning rug braider, like me, here are a few tips that might make your project go more smoothly.


1. Try to braid with the same weight of wool.  If that isn't possible then cut thin wool into wider strips and thick wool into narrower strips.  It will be a lot easier to braid and you will be happier with the results.


2. Buy enough yardage to get the color effect you want.  the bigger your rug, the more yardage you need to complete a round.  The outer gray circle on my rug is about 2 yards of fabric.


3. Lace your rug on a flat surface, any bubbles or kinks in your rug will not steam out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment