Thursday, March 10, 2011

When life gives you bananas, make banana bread

I almost never buy bananas.  And when I do, I never let them go bad.  Thus I have lived a fairly banana bread free life.


On Monday, I noticed a sad looking bunch of bananas on the team table at work,left over from the previous Friday.  A co-worker was about to toss the whole pile into the trash; but as I hate wasting food, I rescued them and brought them home with the intentions of making banana bread.




It just so happened that one of the blogs I follow, Renaissance Mamas,  recently found herself in a similar banana predicament and posted a recipe.  Wohoo!  It was a definite sign.  So.....this week life gave me bananas and a recipe.  I really had no excuses.  I dashed home and got baking.


















As an added bonus, it gives me a reason to butter up my co-workers at my big meeting tomorrow and I also found a way to put one of my newly woven hand towels to work.  Yum!





P.S.  Recipe is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment