Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Santa Monica

Last week, I was off to Los Angeles on a shopping trip for work.  I love to travel, so an all expenses paid trip to almost anywhere is right up my alley.  I've been to L.A. twice before but I think this is the first time I noticed how literally every single L.A. inhabitant is absolutely gorgeous.  Even the chick getting me my coffee looks like she just got off the runway.  I don't know how they do it, but I did start to feel self conscious about my unruly hair and not so cute sandals.  It probably didn't help that we stayed, in what I would consider, a swanky hotel called the Viceroy in Santa Monica where the degree of gorgeousness increased exponentially.

On the bright side,the weather was a balmy 75 degrees, we were outside for the majority of the day and I discovered my new favorite breakfast hot spot in Santa Monica called Urth Cafe.
 Cappuccino art
 Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with caramelized bananas
Wandering through Santa Monica in the wee morning; I also stumbled across the Santa Monica Community Garden.  I am happy to see that even prime real estate is being devoted to such a humble hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment